Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend Part 1

One of the many MANY things that I love about Brian is how big he goes on holidays. Birthday, anniversaries, you name it, he goes big on it. One super cute thing about him is how much he loves to surprise me! As for me, I can take them or leave them, and I'm about as bad as it gets when it comes to actually surprising people. Anyways, this Mother's Day Brian went ALL out! We started the festivities on Friday because Brian didn't have work. We started out by going to Costco for lunch, which is our new favorite cheap meal. Two big, cheesy, greesy, give-you-a-heart-attack pizzas plus a polish sausage and a drink=Less than $6. Yum. Then we drove around Shell Beach looking at houses, our favorite pasttime because we can't WAIT till we can have a home of our own and we love deciding what we do or don't want in a home. Next stop, Pismo Beach Factory Outlets for some bargain shopping. Brian and I both got some things we loved for ourselves, then met Marty and Robert at Carter's for a major shopping spree for Jackson. (is it weird that sometimes I prefer shopping for Jackson than I do for myself?)

Afterwards we headed to Avila Beach for clam chowders with Brian's aunt and cousin at Custom House. The Farmer's Market they have there every Friday night is so fun! Its right on the beach and with the warm weather, it made for a perfect setting for a nice evening stroll.


There's fresh vegetables...


There's usually live music...


And  the pier always makes for a fun walk.


What a fun grandma


This picture kills me, I love my 2 boys more than anything in the world. Brian just looks SO handsome and Jackson is such a cute boy!




My big present for Mother's Day was the lens Brian bought for me! It was the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens that I had been dreaming about for so long! Unfortunately, we didn't realize that with my camera it didn't autofocus so we had to return it with the promise of finding me one that was perfect and that I love, but Brian made it such a special weekend it didn't even matter!



On Saturday morning Jackson was being so cuddly! He kept reaching out to us and giving us these huge, tights hugs! Love these boys!



I don't have any other pictures from Saturday, but Brian made me his world famous biscuits and gravy (yum!) for breakfast and we spent the day cruising and walking around downtown SLO. That night he took me to Shin's Sushi in SLO and holy cow was it good! We went all out this time and got miso soups, edamame, drinks, and 2 yummy rolls. I couldn't believe that despite the fact that we have no money he still spoiled me and made me feel so loved. Thanks Brian, you're the best!

(More pics to come of Mother's Day DAY!!)

3 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

Kait, I love these Avila pics so much. Did you use your new lens or the Pioneer Woman actions for these? Marty looks SO great in the Mother's Day pictures too. I hope I get to see you soon, Nicole is coming for Memorial Day, I wish you guys could come here too. I really want to go to a resort with you guys next time you come. In the summer they are only around $80 and I feel like we are in Hawaii :)

Kaitlin Welty said...

Yeah I used the 50 mm lens in the Avila Beach day ones! Thats why the shallow depth of field looks so good in some of them! But the actually Mother's Day pics in the Welty's backyard are used with my kit lens because I had to return the old one because it wouldn't auto focus with my camera. We would love to come visit you guys again! And I can't wait for you guys to come here to!

Kaitlin Welty said...

...oh and by the way I only used the Pioneer Woman action on the one where we're all hugging and its black and white. All the other ones I edited manually in both Lightroom and CS5!