Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jackson Time

Ahh I just realized how long its been since I blogged about Jackson! I've been so into doing little photoshoots with my family and editing them I've completely forgotten to talk about whats going on in the world of Jackson! And because these posts are mostly for family history (I make a blog book with all the pictures and posts I put on here) and there's really not anybody that reads it besides close family, I should probably document whats going on with my cute boy : )

Well, I should probably start off by saying that Jackson FINALLY popped out a tooth! Two, to be exact. Since he was about 4 months old we've been saying,

"He's definitely teething!"
 "Okay now he's for SURE teething!"
"Oh yeah, this time its the real thing, he's absolutely teething now!"

And guess what? No teeth.

I guess he is just a naturally drooly, sometimes cranky boy. So finally two weeks ago one popped out and boy was that a tough week. (Thank goodness for Baby Tylenol) I first noticed it because he was chewing on my hand (as usual) and lo and behold, there was a tooth! Two days later while Mima was watching him she said another tooth had wiggled its way out! And what does he get for all his effort? Two top teeth are now budding out, so no break for Jackson, which means no break for mom and dad. Oh well.

So how did I reward him for letting me poke around his mouth with a popsicle stick to find that darn tooth?


By tickling that cute boy!


On a different note, Jackson says "Mom" and "Dada" ALL the time it is so cute! When he cries he yells out to me saying "Mom!" I think its cute how he says "mom" instead of "mama" because it seems more intentional. But he babbles constantly, and people that he passes in the grocery store almost always take notice : ) We have sweet conversations when he wakes up from his naps. We sit in the rocker and he tells me stories of "Rarara" and "gagaga" and combinations of the two.

He's also still walking along furniture, and getting more and more comfortable with standing on his own. He's taken a couple steps a few times now, but its usually by accident so I don't really think we totally count it.

Jackson's gotten really good at drinking a bottle : )


Cranky face but SUPER cute outfit (he basically only wears surfer t-shirts and shorts now so of course we got him adorable sandals from Target)


The new way to hang out in his bouncer

Real men only wear light grey tapered sweats with no shirt on


Totally candid moment while Jackson and Brian watched some TV! (Too early for tv? I think not.)


Jackson loves helping me pick out a movie... And he found a winner! (Notice the "Pretty in Pink" selection)




Basically what I'm trying to say is that he's the cutest, smartest, funniest, chattiest, drooliest, most amazing baby to have ever been born (in my world anyways)

No comments: