Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Part 2

My amazing Mother's Day started out with this.....


It looks like it came straight out of a magazine right?? When I told some of the girls at church that Brian made me eggs benedict for my breakfast in bed they were shocked that he even knew how to make them! Yes ladies, he makes eggs benedict and he's all mine : ) Well first off I should point out that I got to sleep in till 9:30, and then had my favorite breakfast of all time.


Brian also wrote me this sweet, amazing poem that I seriously thought he had got off the internet or something. It reads:

"Batton down the hatches, see fury in the sky, but all I'll ever need, is my first mate and I. Now all sails are lowered, the great storms strength is full, forever you will be, the anchor to my soul. Waves surround at port and bow, sea and vessel in fight, I'm steady at the wheel, if you are by my side. Storm weathered, morning breaks, a burning sky is seen, my heart is full of thanks, you make a better me."

(This is where I swooned)


At church the bishopric put on a great mother's day brunch so it was like second breakfast! (The Office quote? Anyone? Anyone?) Then for Sacrament meeting I lead the children in a medley of Mother's Day songs (I'm the ward primary music leader, best calling ever!) We sang Love Is Spoken Here, I Often Go Walking, and Mother I Love You. They were all so cute, I love watching all those silly goofy kids and just wondering what they will do next. I had to hold back tears during Mother I Love You because its a really special song to my family since my mother passed away because we sang it to her the night she died. Thankfully I held myself together and didn't burst out in tears while leading about 40 small children during the sacrament meeting : ) After church we went to the Welty's house to exchange gifts and then to my dad's house for dinner with Chris and Darci, who just moved to town. These were taken outside the Welty's house using a tripod and all its glory : )




I've said it before and I'll say it again, I personally believe that pictures are better in color 90% of the time. ...But here's a black and white just for fun.




He is just so cuddly I LOVE it!!!



I love his smile in the above photo! He always makes this face when he's really happy and makes this snorting noise while he does it, isn't he just the cutest thing!?



Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! Hope it was as amazing as mine!

1 comment:

Michelle Y. said...

Hey, you should post the breakfast recipe on here, isn't there some special sauce he puts on it too :)