Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Croop Part 2

I just remembered the other part that I wanted to blog about with the whole mess of us moving and Jackson getting sick and everything. On Friday night when Jackson came down with a fever we were sleeping on Chris and Darci's living room floor on an air mattress and Jackson was in his pack and play. Brian was up with him from 2:30-3:30 am, then I was up with him from 3:30-4:30 am. Finally at 4:30 I decided to take that naked baby into bed with me (he was so hot we had to strip off his clothes) and let him sleep with us, something we hadn't done in a long time.


I'll never forget the love I had for Jackson that night. He had a horrible, barking cough and was so stinkin hot and miserable and really just wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't. As soon as I laid down with him he cuddled up into me with one hand on his cheek, and one arm he threw around me. I snuggled up with my baby all that night, and despite the fact that we had been up for hours and it was almost 5 in the morning, I couldn't go back to sleep because I couldn't take my eyes off his sweet, sleeping face. He would periodically wake up coughing and crying, and I would just hold him till he went back to sleep. I wish so bad he didn't have to go through this pain, but that experience of holding my helpless child all night is something I'll never forget.

No comments: