Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Traditionally mine and Brian's Valentine's Days consist of going out to sushi, but this year we decided to switch it up a little bit. Instead I went out and bought Lobster Tails, something I have never even eaten, let alone cooked. A simple Google search took me to an easy recipe that didn't take long and that I already had all the ingredients for. The recipe was 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, and 2 lobster tails found on http://allrecipes.com/. Basically I just kept marinating the lobster while grilling it until cooked all the way through, it was delicious! I also bought asparagus and decided to try my own recipe which was soaking the asparagus in freshly squeezed lemon juice and soy sauce, sprinkling brown sugar on top, then broiling it. Surprisingly it actually turned out really good, which is saying a lot because I really am my biggest critic when it comes to cooking and am usually self conscious the whole meal! Brian then took care of the second course which was his World Famous Not Bob's Shrimp on rice pilaf. His shrimp recipe is based on Brian's dad's Not Bob's seasoning that he invented and it calls for about 1 to 2 tbs of Butter, 1 tsp Worshtershire sauce, 1 can of Chicken Broth, 1 tsp Black Pepper, about 1 to 2 tsp minced garlic, about 1/2 pound of shrimp, and about 1 to 2 Tbls of the Not Bob's seasoning. He also made these cucumbers that were SO good! Its just sliced cucumber sitting in freshly squeezed lemon juice, you'd be surprised at the flavor that stuff has! And the best part is that you just stick it in the fridge for a quick snack later on. Trust me on this one, if you're looking for a healthy snack these were DELICIOUS! I also made some Red Velvet cupcakes with home made cream cheese frosting and a white chocolate bottom. And of course I had to take pictures of the whole things because we usually don't eat so luxuriously ; )



Brian also knows how much I love to get flowers so he went out and bought me some : )


 

The lobster tail, asparagus, and cucumber with a glass of red wine. (Just kidding its Apple-Cran sparkling cider)



Brian was drunk off the deliciousness of the lobster tail


The amazing Not Bob's shrimp



If you want anymore details on the recipes, just let me know ; )

3 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

That meal sounds SOOOOO good to this pregnant mama! A picture collection would not be complete without Brian looking drunk in one of them :) I LOVE the edits you did on the other post too. I love the color of that black and white one, I have a hard time making a good black and white. It's not enough to just click and make it black and white (you know what I mean?) Can't wait to see you soon!

Kaitlin Welty said...

Hahaha you're so funny Michelle, I'll have to tell Brian you said that : ) I really like Lightroom because there are about a million different black and white presets to choose from (I don't know if Elements is the same way) and then I adjusted more stuff from there. That's actually my favorite one probably, Brian really wants to print out a really huge one and put it up in our house.

Kaitlin Welty said...

thank you Michelle, thank you so much for always drawing attention to my finest pictures. I know I am super photogenic.
-Brian