Friday, February 11, 2011

Our First Photoshoot

Brian and I bought the Nikon D5000 about a month ago to take pictures of Jackson because our old point-and-shoot was just such a poor quality. My dad was the one that talked us into it because we seriously don't have ANY money but he told us that he and my mom went through the same situation with a video camera and just bought one because they figured that by the time they did have the money we would've been all grown up! So we were sold at that point and began our search for a great deal on a camera. Little did we know that we would actually find that great deal that very day we started looking, we found this Nikon for $250 cheaper than anywhere else at Walmart! So since then we've just been messing around trying to figure it out, and we finally felt comfortable enough to head out to Barny Shwartz Park on Wednesday night for Jackson's first photoshoot, and this is what happened! (These aren't edited because we're still figuring out Photoshop Lightroom) Brian's so artistic and creative he picked it up right away, the pictures of me are the ones he took and the lighting is just perfect!










Lately I've been going on a lot of photography blogs and just figuring out what kind of style I like and one thing I've learned is that I LOVE pictures with sunlight just like this and of course Brian figures it out first try : )


Can I just point out Jackson's CRAZY hair in this one!? So funny!


Jackson took this one











Okay so I definitely wouldn't call myself a photographer yet but I'm excited to keep learning! Luckily I have 2 sisters and a few girlfriends that are amazing photographers to teach me how to do it!

1 comment:

Fugere Family said...

I so love your pictures. Turned out so well!