Monday, January 31, 2011

Where Did the Time Go!?

Okay, can I just say that Jackson is becoming such a big boy?? Of course we're always so excited for each new development and every milestone that  he reaches but seriously where did the time go!? Last night Brian and I stayed up after Jackson was asleep just watching old videos of when I was pregnant and after Jackson was born. It was so funny watching them because we took such long videos of him just doing nothing and we laughed saying, "Him smiling was the most exciting thing we had to videotape!" Now he's doing something new every other day it seems like! He's crawling, sitting up, eating solid foods, and even clapping! Plus he's so big for his age he just seems way to old to be our little baby.




This is Jackson's new way of drinking his bottle. Of course, he's way too independent to let us ever hold the bottle for him. He wants to do things in his own time, on his own terms. So everytime we put him in his bouncer to eat he kicks back, crosses his legs, puts his hand behind his head, and just takes it all in. Oh, to be young : )


Jackson got his first haircut! We love his long hair and don't want to cut it at all but the sides were getting a little long to where they would sit on his ears and make him look a little mullett-y so a trim was necessary. It was hard for mom to cut his beautiful, soft, baby hair but it only ended up being a few snips from the sides and ended up being virtually painless for the both of us



He just has the cutest baby face!

2 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

I LOVE the picture of Jackson kicking back with a bottle :) I let Tyler's hair get "mullety" for way too long, he looked so much better once I finally had the nerve to cut it.

Kaitlin Welty said...

I know I did NOT want to cut it because I love it so much, the sides were always hanging off his ears though and that bugged me so when we tucked it behind his ears he had a mullett, not good!