Friday, April 19, 2013

Easter 2013

 Warning: Most of these images are not edited. And the few that are are just some simple color corrections. As a photographer some of the white balances make me cringe but I'm behind on blogging and didn't have time to edit all :)
















This year was a great Easter, it was Colton's first and Jackson's first that he might remember. I hadn't done an Easter basket for him the last couple years because one certain member of my family (cough cough) doesn't like spending money on big fancy baskets when the kid doesn't even realize whats going on. And I get it, but part of me saw pictures of all the other moms making elaborate baskets for their babies and felt a twinge of guilt.

But I got over it.

So this year I didn't go crazy or anything but I at least got him a train themed basket. I bought a $2 Easter basket from Target (in comparison to the $10 Elmo one I was tempted to buy) and got some Thomas the Train things because Jackson LOVES Thomas! The trains are just generic trains because apparently people will buy an actual Thomas the Train for $13 a pop (yikes!) and these bad boys were only $3.

Do you think I'm the cheapest person in the world yet?

Well I probably am, but I know Brian loves it :)

We went to my sister Michelle's in law's place and had a beautiful dinner outside. It was perfect weather, warm with a slight breeze, and as I sat out there I thought, "I could live in Arizona if I had a place like this." It had a huge front and back yard and only two neighbors. All I've basically seen of Arizona are large communities of houses squeezed in together, but as a child I loved running around in the front and back yard, roaming free, without my parents fear of getting kidnapped. This reminded me of that. I made sugar cookies (an endeavor I have vowed I will not do again) and my favorite Texas Sheet Cake. Jackson "helped" me with the sugar cookies and Brian and I frosted them after the kids had gone down. We decorated Easter eggs, had crepes for breakfast, and attempted an Easter egg hunt. Jackson was just not getting it though, I think he was just wondering why I was putting the eggs he had just decorated around the house. Maybe next year...

No comments: