Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tallen

Last week Brian and I said goodbye to eachother for the first time in approximately 1,141 days as I hopped on a plane to Phoenix, AZ. Brian and I had always been so proud that we had seen eachother every single day since the night we met over 3 years ago. That's why it was so hard to say goodbye, but I was SO excited to go visit my sister in Gilbert, AZ and her newborn baby Tallen! When I had Jackson, Michelle drove to CA alone with her 3 boys to help me out and it was such a huge sacrifice for her that there was really no question as to whether or not I was going to do the same. Plus, since my mom died we've had to band up as sisters and be there as a "womanly support". Michelle came home to 7 boys (her 4 kids, husband, my dad, and Jackson), so needless to say it was pretty she needed some girl time. We talked mainly about babies, births, and more babies. When she came to CA she took hundreds of pictures of Jackson for me that are so priceless, so I was really excited to do the same! We each had our cameras out and probably took about 1,000 pictures between the two of us. Here are some of my favorites that I've edited so far, who knows, there may be more to come!




If you show me a picture first in color, then in black and white, 99% of the time I will probably say I like the colored one better. I feel that when you turn something black and white it just loses a lot of its appeal and you're stuck with an ordinary and bland picture most of the time. I really feel like its an art and if done in the wrong way it only cheapens a picture. That's why I've created a "preset" on Lightroom that I absolutely LOVE that gives the feel of a black and white without taking away from the original photo. Of course I love variety and had to share the colored version because I love it when pictures have vibrant, fun colors!





There's this feature on my camera that you can move the display screen so you can shoot from above while still look at the picture, I love it! Yes, this may have killed the boys necks but I also like the outcome ; )


Hands : )






Isn't this blanket amazing?? My aunt Colette gave it to Michelle, its adorable! My mom used to sew the name of the new baby on any quilts she made so its nice to still have some of that


Gotta love all the tiny toes : )


This one is Brian's favorite and I really do like how it turned out

No comments: