Monday, March 21, 2011

And The Best Husband Award Goes To.....

I just need to give a quick little shoutout to the best husband in the world, Brian Welty! When I came home from my trip to Arizona I knew I had a surprise waiting for me, and I only assumed that it would be a huge tv that Brian got a killer deal on from a friend. So as I walked in the door, there it was, the huge 50-something inch tv and a little reorganizing of our family room to fit it. Of course, a huge tv wasn't exactly the most exciting thing in the world to me (we don't have cable so we don't watch a lot of tv, just movies) I was mostly just happy to be home. (I was excited about the tv, I think it was mostly for Brian though...) Then I noticed the piano, which used to be in the bedroom, was in the living room and I immediately realized that something else was hiding in the bedroom. So as I walked through our bedroom door there it was, a new sewing table for me! A while back I inherited my mom's old sewing machine and lots of fabrics, threads, scissors, pins, etc. but I haven't really been able to use it because of our lack of table space. It was so exciting to be able to use the sewing machine finally, and Brian put a lot of love and hard work into making it all pretty for me. He stained it a nice dark cherry wood color and even put a new knob on it. The knob might not seem like a big deal but if you saw the old huge, bright green one you would understand. He organized all the fabrics and threads to make it all pretty for me when I got home. Those are the little moments in life that show exactly how much my husband loves me and cares for me, and how sweet and giving he is : )





To top it off, a couple weeks later Brian tells me as he's coming home from work that he has another surprise for me, and when he walks in he has a new jogger for me!! I'm SO excited because we are way too cheap to pay for a gym membership (you want me to pay $50 a month to run or bike in place??) but its also hard to just go on a run whenever I want with Jackson. So I've literally been dreaming about the day I could get a jogger and be able to go running whenever I want and then Brian just comes home one day with one!!! He is the most thoughtful, kind, giving, selfless person I've ever met


....And did I mention what an amazing dad he is?


So the Best Husband In the World Award goes to.....

Brian Welty :)

No comments: