Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Catching Up

Wow I wish I was better at blogging. To catch up, here is a quick summary of what THE WELTY'S have got going on.

Kaitlin: Works part time for a local family who runs their business out of their home, working part time as a photographer, mother of the cutest little boy around, playing with the idea of going to school to get an Associate's Degree in Photography? Who knows, we'll see, oh and I'm the Primary Chorister, officially the all time BEST calling in existance, because I get to play and sing with the most adorable kids who I absolutely LOVE. And not the kind of love like "I LOVE that dress she's wearing", more like the kind of love that I would seriously do anything for those kids.

Brian: Works partly as a supervisor for a local business and partly as an engineer for them. Its actually really cool how he's getting his feet wet in the engineering field and he just so happens to be awesome at it! He and his boss are currently working on some new products that Brian himself is creating from the ground up, how cool is that? He's also going to school to be an engineer AND he's a really amazing father AND husband AND he's our ward's Young Men's president. Yeah, he's kind of busy.

Jackson: Oh, Jackson. That little boy is so full of, spunk? Spirit? Excess energy? Dunno. But I seriously wouldn't have it any other way. He is always on the go, always running around, always barking like a dog at the top of his lungs while in the grocery store. (Sigh) He just recently learned to crawl out of his crib, which is rather impressive considering the crib goes up to his shoulders. But like I said, I wouldn't have it any other way because he really is so full of life. I love that he's adventurous, active, daring, fearless, and social and outgoing. But even with all that going on, he is still my little cuddly boy he's always been. In the morning he just follows me around like a little puppy as I'm tidying up. When he's eating breakfast and I'm cleaning up breakfast he follows me with his eyes as I go back and forth. And when its time for bed and he's eaten dinner he'll sweetly say "Night night!' and bury his head into my neck. He sleeps so great, from about 7:30 pm - 7:30 am which works for mom! And when I go into his room in the morning he's quietly curled up in the fetal position just chattting away to himself, like anyone who's spent any time at all with him knows how he does.

For Valentine's Day last night Brian got me pretty flowers (because he's knows I'm a sucker for them) and I made lobster tail and coconut shrimp and Red Lobster biscuits. Needless to say our house permanently smells like fish. Then we went to the movie theater in Atascadero which, turns out, is only $5 on Tuesdays! We saw The Vow which we both really loved even though Brian probably won't ever admit it. "Papa" Jim watched Jackson while we did that so he got some one on one time with his grandpa.

Please excuse the poor quality of pictures, they were all taken on my iphone. Here's Jackson in the fort Daddy and he made on a Sunday morning :)


This is how Jackson watches movies


Okay so this picture has a story to it. The other morning Jackson and I were sitting down and eating breakfast when he reminds me that we hadn't said prayers. So he folded his arms and started talking in his soft, sweet prayer voice that just melts my heart. Once I folded my arms he stopped and waited for me to say it, and as I'm in the middle he starts yelling "Dada! Dada!" Apparently I hadnt said "thank you for dada" fast enough for him :) It was so sweet and just melted my heart! This is a quick picture I got of him kind of folding his arms, I guess I wasn't quick enough to get the full effect. But it really is sweet how Jackson will fold his arms and say prayers. Even when we're not sitting down for a meal he'll go over to the table and lean on it and fold his arms and use his prayer voice, it is SO cute!!!


Jackson's typical Sunday attire. Thank you Ray Espinal.


This video just highlights a typical Saturday morning in the Welty house. Includes music and dancing on our messy bed in our pajamas. Please excuse my not so entertaining commentary, and my obnoxious voice.


No comments: