Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Weekend: Part 1

This year's 4th of July weekend started on Friday for us, when our AMAZING friends Alyssa & Jesse Hunt had everyone over for a Harry Potter wand making night!! Of course, me being the biggest HP nerd, I was asked to be the Harry Potter wand expert of the night (and, no, I'm not ashamed of it.) The night before I put together a long list of every wand that JK Rowling ever mentioned in her books. (Side note- Brian asked how I put together this list, to which I answered that I just happened to know where she had mentioned each wand in her different books and was able to locate them fairly quickly. Is it weird to brag about that??) Anyways, I also made delicious Nutella filled doughnuts and called them "Golden Snitches" to go with the Hunt's world famous homemade ice cream.

In case you haven't noticed, the vibrant purple shirt is my "Hairy Otter" shirt, with a picture of an otter with glasses and a scar on it. Yup.


I have to say, Jesse was pretty awesome when it came to wandlore! We had a straight up Mr. Ollivander on our hands....



Beautiful.


The whole Harry Potter loving crew



Ezra was showing me his celery stick wand






Ohhhhhh Harry Potter.......

No comments: