Monday, June 20, 2011

Jackson's First Birthday Party: Part 1

Well my baby turned one on Thursday and it was SO weird thinking about what was going on exactly one year ago from that day! The night before when we went to bed at about midnight we realized that exactly one year ago they were just taking out my epidural. We later looked at the clock and realized that it was 8:45 am and I was still pushing the year before (he was born at 8:50 am) He is SO big now I can't even believe it! We are having a combined birthday party this Saturday with his buddy Boston, but we decided to celebrate that night with family so we met my dad and grandpa at the Welty's for a little birthday bbq.


This is my version of a "creative" cake. I don't think anyone could think of anything easier than making a round cake into a baseball, but it tasted good! I did make it a double layer cake so it took a little bit of time, but it turned out super yummy!



My handsome big boy


The Welty's grilled up some hamburgers, I brought 2 salads and the cake, and my dad and grandpa provided drinks. It was a fun dinner!





This picture is so cute I can't even take it!



The whole gang







This is the before picture....


Jackson took a dainty bite to try it out...



Starts shoving it in his mouth a little bit...



...and he was a huge mess at the end. Luckily dad was smart enough to surround him with a towel and garbage bag so Jackson could make as big a mess as he wanted!



Don't you just love those eyes??


And of course we always love the smearing of food all over his face!




Opening up presents!







Okay, so maybe I went a little crazy with the family pictures here but I had to get all four generations of my handsome boys together! 











Happy Birthday Jackson!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Cute! These are adorable. Happy 1st Birthday Jackson! :)

Michelle Y. said...

I love the generations picture. Happy Birthday sweet Jackson.