Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Have I ever talked about how much I love these two boys?? Maybe once... Or twice... Okay, so I talk about it all the time. I can't help it, these boys are my life!! I don't know where I'd be without Brian, who is absolutely what centers me. He knows me better than anybody has ever known me (okay, so maybe he's tied with my mom) and he's the only person that knows exactly how to make me feel wonderful. He is such an awesome dad and works so hard to provide for us, and is always sure to make time for us too. He makes me a better person and I absolutely love our life together. 


So for Father's Day this year I made him this quilt! Its made from all his football jerseys growing up and I just cut them all up and sewed them together. Maybe I shouldn't say "just" because it literally took me weeks to do, but it was so worth it to show Brian how much I love him!





Then I embroidered this message on the back of it by hand. It says, "Made with all my love! -Kaitlin" Hopefully this will be a great thing to hand down from generation to generation.



I also have 3 other amazing men in my life: My dad, grandpa, and father-in-law. They also all happen to be chefs, so we thought it was appropriate to buy them aprons and write "Jackson's Grandpa" on them, or in my grandpa's case "Jackson's Great Grandpa".


We then had a party after our Father's Day dinner with the Welty's, Chris and Darci, and my dad and grandpa and put Jackson's handprints on them :)



I absolutely love this picture. I love the look on my grandpa's face as he admires Jackson's handprints, and how Jackson is the only one looking at the camera. I love my grandpa so much, he is one of the sweetest, kindest, smartest, most loving people I've ever met. He has always been such an amazing husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. I'm so lucky to call him my grandpa.


Working on Robert's apron. I can't even say enough how much I respect this man. He has worked so hard all his life, and if there's anyone that could help us to teach our children the definition of hard work and integrity its him. He's a spiritual giant and I am always in awe of how he can find blessing from the Lord in everyday life.




And finally, there's the amazing man that raised me, my dad. I can't say enough how grateful I am for the many lessons my dad taught me through the years. He and my mom raised 6 kids that have all either been married in the temple or are on their way to being married in the temple. He supported my mom and us kids through thick and thin, and is the perfect example of a loving husband and father. I don't think I've ever seen a man love a woman more than my dad loved my mom, or seen someone who sacrificed more for someone else.





I'm such a lucky girl to have such amazing men in my life! Happy Father's Day!

(Coming soon: Jackson's First Birthday Party Part 1!)

1 comment:

Michelle Y. said...

Great job Kait! Grandpa told me all about it, you could tell he loved it so much. I am so glad that you can live by all of those amazing men. We really are so lucky to have such great men in our life :)