Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Things I Never Want To Forget

I feel like everyone is always telling me how fast things go and how different life will be even in the coming months. It makes me sad to think that I won't remember the details of all the amazing events that have happened and are happening. So I thought I'd list a few things that I never, ever want to forget.

I never want to forget how as we said goodnight on our second date, Brian walked me out to my car, hugged me and said, "You have a beautiful smile."

I never want to forget the first time that Brian said "I love you" and how that night we told each other it a hundred times.

I never want to forget standing across from Brian as we were getting married and the overwhelming feeling of pure joy and not having the ability to stop smiling!

I never want to forget being in bed staying up too late because we can't calm down because we are laughing too hard.

I never want to forget our first positive pregnancy test, and Brian's smile and my tears.

I never want to forget the first time Brian felt Jackson move, how the timing was perfect and how happy he felt.

I never want to forget laying in a hospital bed with my mother, one of her hands holding mine, the other on my pregnant belly, wishing so much she could live to meet him.

I never want to forget Brian's courage as he held my hand and helped me through my labor more than he can possibly imagine.

I never want to forget the way Jackson and I talk to each other in "coo's".

I never want to forget how happy my family makes me just the way it is!

No comments: