Saturday, January 9, 2010

17 Weeks & My Mom

I'm 17 weeks this week which means I'll be finding out the sex of the baby here in a few weeks. I recently felt the baby kick for the first time while driving home with Brian from my in-laws house in Paso Robles. We were talking about different ways we want to parent our kids and I felt a definite little punch! It was so exciting because all I had felt before then were tiny little flutterings in the bottom of my utereus but this time there was no denying the tiny punch our baby gave me! Since then I've felt the baby kicking quite a few times, most of the time it seems like he/she will move 3-4 times in a row, most of the time I won't just feel it once. Brian's getting anxious because he wants to feel the baby kick SO bad and I swear he's more excited to find out the sex than I am! He is so good to me and is so good at feeding me (even though I've been getting so cranky when I get too hungry he still will jump up and take my abuse).


My sister Michelle was so nice to take all these pregnancy pictures for us she's just getting into photography and I think she's doing such a great job!!




Brian's always competing with me he thinks he's still bigger than I am! Maybe we're both pushing out a little bit.....



I usually really hate pictures where people show their bellies but we thought we'd give it a try!


This one's my favorite because my tummy looks so big!!



Brian making fun of me a little bit!


Talking to Baby Welty!



My mom was diagnosed with non-smoking lung cancer 5 years ago and was given 4-6 months to live at that time. She is still as beautiful as ever and is so strong because even after everything she's been through she still wants to get up everyday to take a shower and wash her hair and do her makeup which I think is so admirable because she can barely even walk to her wheelchair but she won't give up. I love how she never gives up and is fighting so hard to see her 3 grandchildren expected in 2010. She is the most selfless person I know and has so much strength and the will to live I know she will never give up.






pregnancy

2 comments:

Lynn Watkins said...

Those are beautiful pictures! Tell Kim she is doing a great job! You look so cute, my favorites are the pictures of Brian and you comparing bellies! Diane looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pregnancy progress. It is so fun to feel the baby kicking! It is fun for us to read about what is going on while we are so far away.

Clint and Gillian said...

Great pictures Kaitlin (and Brian too!!!) And the pictures with your mom are absolutely beautiful! Your mom looks amazing, she is so gorgeous. I'm so excited for your little family Kaitlin! All the best of luck to you guys!