Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

I was so lucky to have been able to go back home to California for Thanksgiving this year. Because of my job I wasn't going to be able to take Thanksgiving or Christmas off because they put a hold on any personal or vacation time during the holidays but because of my mom's circumstances I was able to fly home thanks to my amazing in-laws and be with my family for Thanksgiving. (I was also able to get Christmas off but I have to work Christmas Eve, get off early to drive 4 hours to Salt Lake, fly from Salt Lake to San Jose then drive 3 1/2 hours to Atascadero at 10 at night, not that I'm complaining!!) It was so fun to have my entire family home for Thanksgiving because with 6 kids, 3 spouses and 4 grandkids its really hard to get an entire family home for the holidays!

Brian and I were able to help my parents put up some Christmas decorations and decorate the tree!
My mother is so wonderful you would honestly not be able to tell she has been struggling with cancer just by looking at her. She is the most wonderful person I've ever met and I love her so much. She is expecting 3 grandkids in 2010 and I know she doesn't take anything in life for granted.

My dad

2 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

You are not going to be home for Christmas Eve?! That's a bummer. I can't wait to see you again!

Lynn Watkins said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. How wonderful to have all of your family there. We are so glad to hear that everything is going well with your pregnany too!